Road Block Bye Bye

on Saturday, February 6, 2010

0805091446-00Hey. Does anyone remember me?


I'm the one who posted 'sick egg' back in September and then proceeded to throw a chronicle of reposts; until all the good ones run out.


Well. I have news.


The world has stopped moving!! I’ve just been on a really bad patch of bendy road and now, I get to turn off. My head now no longer spins. This is reason for extra lashings of excitement yet at the same time it feels surreal with a captial S.


For those who don’t know, I have been to three doctors over the last six months; one was like a dad who would call me in the morning to see if my sick kids were all right, one was lovely and wanted to look past my big family which everyone keeps blaming and the third; well he's young but definitely thorough. Loved them all. I was checked for a plethora of diseases from aids to ross river to cancer and everything in between. I have good news. Those tests all came back negative. Hate to think what it cost our medicare system. Although I have more news. I was still not functioning.


But three things then happened that I believe were God and I found myself in the office of a biochemist. He went straight to my blood. Only the tiniest amount. And when he looked at it, he told me my story. He rattled off my symptoms. And when he told me the cause, I looked at him blank. Unbelieving even.


Actually there were three things that needed addressing although in treating the first, the others would go. Although the cure, argh! I would have preferred to dip seven times in a muddy river. But I am in a place where I want my health more than I want my fleshy desires so I was good to follow his instructions; to the letter. And three days later I was cleaning out my larder; voluntarily.


You wont believe what shackled me! Things like this don't happen in prospering countries; do they? I am a health freak; well almost. I am active. We eat fresh, organic, whole foods. Heck, we even grind our own wheat and milk our own cow. And now! I guess we wont have to. Cause wheat and milk are now banned substances. Not sure of the why yet but I am feeling amazing, almost healthy so the why is really just a technicality.


Reversible. That's what he told me. I wont have to find a ‘new normal’ in my life and can expect to find vitality again. And I'm also stoked that after who knows how long, someone found out the 'why' of my 'fuzzyness'. I'm not crazy after all. {sandra does happy dance} Was getting sick of being sick, of not being able to live past my own existence, of not being able to enjoy others.


And you know what sweetens the whole discovery? My problem is not because I chose to embrace children. If someone told me I was unwell because of my choice to have a big family one more time, I was ready to smack 'em. My Father told me that children are a blessing and I believe Him.


And I now get to resume life but with a massively refined perspective courtesy of the One who carried me over for the last however long.


I have just one more opinion. I like driving on this road a whole lot better.

41 CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A RESPONSE:

Mari said...

It's so good to hear from you again. Sorry you have been going through so much, but I'm thankful for answers and a new start, and for God seeing you through!

Deb said...

So glad the plethora of doctors muddled through the plethora of symptoms to give you a diagnosis.

And that you're feeling better now.

I've missed your Aussie style!

Sweet dreams.

A Musing Mom (Taylorclan6) said...

Sandra is back! I am so happy! I am so happy you've been blessed with light at the end of the tunnel.

I hate to kick you when you are down but.. Just because you are or aren't fuzzy doesn't mean you aren't crazy.

Now, go eat two rice cakes and smell your baby's head. Okay, maybe I'm projecting. I like the smell of babies heads.

Brian Miller said...

yay. it is good to hear that it is something that is treatable with you needing to find a new norm...

i wont lie...i like to smell babies heads too...

Fiona said...

great news that you've found something that is working for you S..

Fiona
xx

Beautiful Mess said...

My best friend has been having a time of it with her kiddos and I passed this on to her. I am sure she identifies with it.

Hope you are feeling better! Jen

Helen said...

Yea! You are better and all is right with the world! My cousin suffers from Celiac Disease which sounds similar to your diagnosis. Have a wonderful weekend and CELEBRATE!

Terri Tiffany said...

So tell me, was it only a B12 deficiency? Cause both my husband and I were tested last year for it after feeling so out of it--the doctor found it and I am so grateful! ALl we do now is take b12 pills after jump starting with the shots! It can really mess you up if it gets really low.

K said...

so great to hear fron you !!!
glad you found the reason
we have beeb gf and cf with my son - its not so hard once one gets the hang of it ... good luck

Patti Lacy said...

YEAHHH!!!!!!!! MY FRIEND IS BACK!!!!!!

Praise God for your new road! Know that He will use your "S" curves to build perseverance and so that you can help another traveling down that hard-to-travel bypass.

Renata said...

I'm glad you are going well - sorry to hear you were unwell. It's wonderful that you could get a helpful diagnosis - hope the new diet really helps. Glad you're back - been wondering how you were, but know that you are busy as well.
God bless
Renata :)

Becka said...

Woo Hoo !!!
Praise God, you are better,,

Andrea said...

Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.
Blessings, andrea

Jennifer Shirk said...

I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you.
Wow, what an ordeal. That's very interesting about the wheat and milk.
My friend is going thru terrible depression and her doctor seems to think it might be linked to a Vit D deficiency.
I am so thankful you're feeling better. :)

Liz C. said...

this is a very good thing my friend ... glad you're back on your feet - and in your right mind ... :-) you look like one of your teenage girls in the photo up there ... totally jealous. love love

Warren Baldwin said...

Sande,
Didn't know all this was going on. Glad they found the cause. Someone above mentioned Celiac Disease. Our daughter was gluten intolerant, which is not quite as severe as Celiac Disease, but was still extremely disabling to her. Spent days and days in the hospital. Had to get off WORB - Wheat, Oats, Rye and Barley. Also had to get off milk, and absolutely no soy of any kind. Three years later her system has returned to normal. So, God bless, and prayerfully you will have a similar experience of reversing this. wb

Holland said...

So happy that you have found an answer! Take care my friend.

Peter Stone said...

Ah, what blessed relief accompanies understanding! So glad you finally know what was the cause. I've got two friends who were eating very well, yet the very healthy things they were eating were what were ruining them. Strange things, these bodies.
Glad you're back on the road :)

Sista In Arms Lxx said...

:) Lxx

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Hello, dearest Sandra...haven't seen you in your usual places...hope that the new diet isn't too overwhelming!!! You know I love you, and that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!! Janine XO

Rachel said...

So glad you got some answers!!

Warren Baldwin said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopping by to hang out with my friend...Love you so much!!!! How about a cuppa? No wheat in that!!! ;-) Love you ~Janine XO

kittikat said...

Miss Sande,
I am so very glad you were able to find the reason of your illness and are feeling better now!! This is Chili Pepper's daughter. I'm afraid my blog has gone private since you joined, so I'm just stopping by to pick up your e-mail to send you an invite. Good for you to take a stand for what is right!!
Love,
Kaitlin

Laura said...

Hey, Sande! I'm missing you! Sounds like you have been on a tipsy turvey journey! I'm glad you got the answer to restoring your health. And I'm praying you are all well and having new adventures with that wonderful big family of yours. :)

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Missing you...:-( Love you! :-) Janine XOXO

LisaShaw said...

I'm glad I stopped by. Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm in a bit of one myself in some areas so I appreciate you. Blessings on you and your family.

Renelle said...

Hi Sandra,
I've heard about you for a while now, about a year now. I was visiting a friend in Thornton and found the article at her place "Many Hands", and thats where I found your blog!
We live in Clarence Town and have brought ds home from school last year and are so happy. We have two children Carter 8 and Faith 2 1/2.
We go to a KYB Bible study here in town.
We've lived in CT for 2 1/2 years now. We were asking a friend if they knew of any builders to do externsions and I'm sure they gave us your husbands name? (We are no where near ready to look for a builder yet so I'm not asking so don't worry!!)
Anyway just wanted to let you know that I'm happy for you that you are feeling well again. I was sick for a while once and thought I'd never know what healthy felt like again, so I can understand you joy and 'Happy dance'.
Hope to meet you in person someday. Take Care you and all yours.
Blessings
Renelle

Dani Joy said...

OH Sandy! Praise the Lord He led you to the right Dr! Wow you are gluten intolorant? is that right? amazing that that would be the solution. Even whole wheat? well, I am just so glad you are doing better. PTL!!

Warren Baldwin said...

Hello, hope all is progressing well.

Becka said...

I just wanted to stop in and check on you,?
Miss you!
WHERE ARE YOU GIRL,YOU OK?
BECKA,

Sara said...

Sande,
I wanted to thank you for being a part of my first year of blogging! What a wonderful year it has been. I'm throwing a little party and as an honored guest, I would love for you to stop by and share a highlight of your year with all of us.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2010/04/cactus-happy.html

Cactus Happy,
Sara

Shelle said...

hope you are starting to feel better, and have caught up to feeling your normal self...and you're back soon!

Kathy S. said...

I said a prayer for you~ and I am glad you have so many beautiful kids! <3

Sniffles and Smiles said...

So missing you!!! Love you!!! Janine XO

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Dearest Sande, Just so's you know...I'm thinking of you...and love you...you are NOT forgotten!!! Love you much!!! Janine XO

Warren Baldwin said...

Stopping in to say "hey."

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just thinking 'boutcha!!! Love you!!! Janine XO

McClure Family said...

thinking about you!

Warren Baldwin said...

Howdy, howdy. Hope all is well.

Have you gotten to read any of Roaring Lions yet?

Lauren said...

Glad you're back to blogging!

And aren't we fortunate to have Medicare?!

Post a Comment